IntelliSource has partnered with one of the area’s fastest growing employers and we have a need to hire Machine Operators. Are you looking for a long-term career with a great company? Start with IntelliSource and we will help you build your career with our partner! Below is a full description for the MACHINE OPERATOR position. We look forward to meeting you!
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
QUALIFICATIONS - MACHINE OPERATOR
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
WHILE PERFORMING THE DUTIES OF THIS JOB, THE EMPLOYEE IS REGULARLY REQUIRED TO DO THE FOLLOWING
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - MACHINE OPERATOR
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.