IntelliSource is hiring a Contract Traffic Planner
for our industrial equipment business partner’s new corporate office. The Traffic Planner is r
esponsible for scheduling and dispatching the drivers as required for customer and internal moves; works with purchasing, manufacturing and rail company to manage resin railcar schedule for timely delivery of raw material; arranges all necessary repairs and service to all transportation equipment. In addition, you will be responsible to assist all of Traffic team members daily job functions as needed to cover for vacations, sick days or increased workload.
This is a 1 month Contract- to starts ASAP
Dispatching and Planning
Record Keeping and Freight Invoice Daily Audit
- Use information provided by purchasing and manufacturing to coordinate trailer moves of raw material from off-site location to manufacturing.
- Arrange, with driver support, all repairs and service required for Transportation equipment.
- Maintain all DOT records as required for drivers and equipment.
- Maintain documents and files pertaining to resin transfer activities.
Projects and Analysis
- Audits and approves freight invoices to ensure accuracy of information and associated costs.
- Identifies and informs Customer Service of any discrepancies with invoices and deliveries; investigates and corrects discrepancies.
- Maintain tracking system for domestic shipments utilizing department spreadsheets carrier websites, email and telephone.
Secondary Traffic Responsibilities
- Prepares, maintains and provides various reports to/for Traffic Manager as requested.
Scheduling and Tendering FTL Shipment
- Uses load information provided by DC to create and send rate request/load tender to FTL carrier distribution list.
- Schedules appointment with customers as required and maintains a record of all shipment details in Truckload log.
- Identifies expedited and PO freight charges and communicates to Accounts Payable for proper cost assignment.
- Maintains data as required to identify costs for non-inventory, sample and return cost.
- Knowledge and skill with operations programs such as SAP and MS Office (Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel).
- Knowledge of import/export regulations and licensing.
- Excellent organizational, communication, planning and time management skills.
- Strong customer service and attention to details skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
- Some college preferred
- 5 years of related traffic experience
- DOT experience