is seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to join our transportation partner's team in Reno! The Ops Manager
must focus on operational excellence, scheduling, safety, driver relationships, audit and day to day activities for optimal performance. You will be responsible for ensuring a smooth and safe operation through effective communication, adherence to safety, DOT and FMCSA standards.
This opportunity is for a startup-style environment, flexibility on day-to-day duties is a must.
- Model the values and best practices of the company
- Responsible for daily operations of transportation yard
- Serve as an escalation point during daily operations for problem resolution- vehicle, driver, safety, compliance, etc.
- Work with Dispatch to ensure communication to drivers and with customers is completed in a professional and timely manner
- Monitor pre and post trip inspections, driver and vehicle on time arrival and departure
- Coordinate training for pre and post trip
- Monitor remote locations for timeliness
- Including collection of DVIR’s and on vehicle logs
- Ensure driver daily compliance with safety standards
- Coordinate initial and ongoing safety training
- Ensure driver compliance on policies and procedures of the company
- Coordinate training to acquaint drivers with company policies and procedures
- Mentor new drivers on company stop locations and customer expectations
- Work with Maintenance for vehicle movement planning
- Assist dispatch in locating replacement drivers when need arises
- Assist drivers with any needs before and after scheduled shifts
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness by working with cleaning supervisor
- Complete accurate daily operations report, passdown log, lost and found log
- Assist with additional operational tasks as requested
- Back up driver when need arises
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years of experience in the transportation or related industry
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adept at basic to intermediate computer skills
- Physically capable of being active in the yard- walking the vehicles, marshalling, etc.
- 2 year college degree or equivalent work history
- Strong work ethic
- Welcomes opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- CDL a plus
ABOUT INTELLISOURCE - Our business - and our approach - is personal.
IntelliSource has 20 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.