is looking for a dynamic Assistant Controller
to join our transportation partner’s team. The Assistant Controller
is responsible for preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a Controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems. This role is with a fast-growing company and as such the responsibilities for the role will evolve with the company’s needs.
- Supporting most aspects of accounting management
- Assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
ABOUT INTELLISOURCE - Our business - and our approach - is personal.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Assistant Controller or other similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance preferred, but not required
- CPA certification is a plus
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel) and ability to learn new accounting systems
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
IntelliSource has 20 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.